Same Day Flower Delivery in Melbourne: Our Delivery Policy
- Every product dispatched and delivered by Melbourne Florist is created by a professional florist and Melbourne Florist guarantees the quality and freshness of every order received.
- Every order received by Melbourne Florist will be made on the date requested and every effort will be made to meet any requests in regard to preferred times of delivery, however, only funeral flower deliveries can be time specific.
- Melbourne Florist guarantees same day flower delivery for all flowers ordered to Melbourne metropolitan areas placed by 3pm Monday to Friday and by 11am Saturday. Order received by these times are guaranteed to arrive by 5pm to a business address and 7pm to a residential address. Orders received outside of these “cut-off” times will be delivered the following business day.
- Special delivery conditions that apply to hospitals, hotels, ships, airports, funeral parlours, crematoria and cemeteries are listed in detail below.
- Complaints must be made to Melbourne Florist within 48 hours of delivery.
Our Delivery Policy
Melbourne Florist will deliver flowers and gifts to almost all Melbourne suburbs and the Melbourne CBD. Delivery is normally available within 24 hours, but occasionally may take longer depending on local conditions.
- Delivery within Melbourne is not available on Public Holidays, Saturday afternoons or Sundays.
- Same day delivery within Melbourne is available from Monday to Friday if the order is placed before 3pm AEST.
- Same day delivery within Melbourne is available on Saturdays if the order is placed before 11am AEST.
- Delivery fees are based on Melbourne suburb postcodes.
- Additional delivery surcharges may apply for special event delivery days such as Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day and the Christmas holiday period.
- We do not offer or guarantee specific delivery times except if the flowers are for a funeral service.
- If your delivery is urgent please call Melbourne Florist on 03 9578 9982 for advice on delivery time frames.
Important Delivery Information
Here at Melbourne Florist, we aim to provide you with the best customer service experience and in doing so we use only the most reputable couriers to deliver our floral arrangements.
In order to deliver your order on the delivery date that you have requested during the checkout process, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the recipient’s address and phone number is correct and that there is someone at this address to receive the flowers or that it is safe to leave the flowers at this address if there is no one there to receive them before submitting the order.
Please be sure to check the delivery address details thoroughly and provide any special delivery instructions before submitting your order. Melbourne Florist is not responsible if an incorrect name, delivery address and/or phone number is supplied or if there is no one at the address to receive the flowers or if it is not safe to leave the flowers at the front door. If the order is un-deliverable and therefore returned to Melbourne Florist, an additional re-delivery charge of the same value as the original delivery fee will apply.
We suggest that the best delivery address is a business address or somewhere where you know there will be someone to receive the delivery. It is not our policy to have the couriers leave arrangements at the doorstep unless it is at the customers request and from this point forward do not assume any liability for orders which are instructed to be left and consequently damaged or stolen. If a concierge, security person or receptionist is obligated to receive the order on the recipient’s behalf, Melbourne Florist does not accept responsibility from this point forward.
In the event where the couriers have attempted delivery at the given address and no one is there to receive it, a re-delivery fee will apply for the second and any other subsequent attempts at delivery. The re-delivery fee will be charged at the full amount as per the original delivery fee unless the order is re-directed to another address in which case the redelivery fee may vary depending on the suburb. We will notify the customer of any failed delivery attempts and the customer will also be advised of any additional charges that will be made to their credit card for re-delivery fees prior to the charges being debited. We also offer the customer the option to pick-up their flower order from our Richmond store instead.
Once the flower order is delivered (or picked-up in store) in accordance with the customer’s instructions it becomes the responsibility of the customer. For more specific conditions and details on your flower delivery, please refer to the information below:
Delivery for Valentine’s Day – Wednesday 14th February 2018
- Melbourne Florist cannot guarantee delivery on Valentine’s Day 14/02/2018 of any orders placed after 3pm (AEST) on Tuesday the 13th of February 2018. Orders placed after 3pm on Tuesday the 13th of February 2018 that are unable to be delivered on Valentine’s day will be delivered the following day on Thursday the 15th of February 2018.
- All orders received for delivery to Melbourne metropolitan business address are guaranteed to arrive by 5pm on Wednesday 14th of February 2018.
- All orders received for delivery to Melbourne metropolitan residential addresses are guaranteed to arrive by 7pm on Wednesday 14th of February 2018.
- Due to the high volume of orders placed for delivery during the Valentine’s Day period we are unable to accommodate time specific deliveries or requests for preferred times.
- At the time of ordering it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the recipient’s name, address, phone number and card message is complete and correct and that there is someone at this address to receive the flowers or that it is safe to leave the flowers at this address if there is no one there to receive them.
- Orders for delivery to cemeteries, secured buildings, security gates, etc. where the courier cannot gain entry cannot be guaranteed.
- If we receive an order that does not have a card message supplied, we will assume that the customer does not want a card message and therefore we will proceed to deliver the order without a message.
- Melbourne Florist is unable to alter or change any orders placed for delivery on Valentine’s Day, Wednesday the 14th of February 2018 after 12 noon AEST on Tuesday the 13th of February 2018.
- The cancellation of any orders placed for delivery on the 13/02/2018 and the 14/02/2018 after 12 noon AEST on Sunday the 12th of February 2018 will incur an administration cancellation fee of 50% of the total cost of the order.
- If a delivery has been unsuccessful due to an incorrect delivery address or no one is there to receive them and it is unsafe to leave them there, the order will be re-delivered the following day Thursday the 15th of February 2018 and will incur a re-delivery fee according to the suburb it is being delivered to. Additional charges may apply if the flowers have become damaged and they need to be re-made (due to heat, etc.)
- Due to increased courier costs an additional delivery surcharge of $5 will be added to the total cost of every order placed for delivery on Valentine’s Day Wednesday the 14th of February 2018.
Mother’s Day Delivery
• All orders received for delivery to Melbourne metropolitan business address are guaranteed to arrive by 5pm on Saturday 7th of May 2016.
• All orders received for delivery to Melbourne metropolitan residential address are guaranteed to arrive by 7pm on Saturday 7th of May 2016.
• Due to the high volume of orders placed for delivery on Mother’s Day we are unable to accommodate time specific deliveries or requests for preferred times.
• At the time of ordering it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the recipient’s name, address and phone number is complete and correct and that there is someone at this address to receive the flowers or that it is safe to leave the flowers at this address if there is no one there to receive them.
• Melbourne Florist is unable to vary any orders placed for delivery on Sunday the 08/05/2016 after 9am AEST on Saturday 7th of May 2016.
• Melbourne Florist is unable to cancel any orders placed for delivery on Sunday the 08/05/2015 after 9am AEST on Saturday 7th of May 2016.
• Melbourne Florist cannot guarantee delivery on Mother’s Day 08/05/2016 of any orders placed after 4pm (AEST) Saturday 7th of May 2016. Orders placed after 4pm on Saturday 7th of May 2016 that are unable to be delivered on Mother’s day will be delivered on Monday 9th of May 2016.
• If a delivery has been unsuccessful due to an incorrect delivery address or no one is there to receive them and it is unsafe to leave them there, these are the following options:
1. Cancel the order and a cancellation fee will apply equal to 50% of the total order cost.
2. Re-deliver the order the following day which will incur a re-delivery fee according to the suburb it is being delivered to.
• Due to increased courier costs an additional delivery surcharge of $9 will be added to the total cost of every order placed for delivery on Mother’s Day, Sunday the 08th of May 2016.
Delivery for Funeral orders
Funeral orders are treated with the highest of priority at Melbourne Florist. All funeral orders must be placed no later than 24 hours prior to the delivery date and the following information must be supplied in the Address Details or Special Delivery Instructions to ensure the order is dispatched and delivered correctly and on time.
• Full name of the deceased.
• Name and address of the funeral home and the name and phone number of a relative is required.
• The date and time of the funeral service.
Delivery to Hospitals/Nursing Homes
For flower delivery to hospitals and nursing homes, please supply the following information in the Address Details and/or Special Instructions:
• Full Name, married or maiden?
• Ward name or number, Campus e.g.: rehab, surgical
• The name and address of the Hospital – Public or Private
• Please specify if the recipient is a patient/resident or a staff member. Note: sometimes Doctors are also patients!
For flower deliveries to Hospitals and Nursing homes, Melbourne Florist recommends sending flowers and gifts that are already arranged and self-contained in a container. Please note:
• We do not recommend you send posies, bouquets or loose cut flowers as vase/container availability is usually limited.
• Most hospitals do not allow plants in soil. Surgical patients are not allowed to receive plants.
• Some hospitals do not allow flowers in intensive care or special care units. Please check prior to placing your order.
Delivery to Ships
Please allow 24 hours for the delivery to be processed, the following information must be supplied in the Address Details or Special Instructions:
• Name of shipping line
• Name of ship
• Cabin number/deck number
• Exact time of departure
• Whether the recipient is a passenger or crew member
Delivery to Hotels
Please provide Melbourne Florist with the following information in the Address Details or Special Instructions:
• Hotel name
• Expected arrival time at Hotel
• Room name or number and the full street address of Hotel.
• Please specify whether the recipient is a guest or staff member
Delivery on Public Holidays
Melbourne Florist cannot guarantee delivery on Public holidays. Following is a list of the main Public Holidays in Melbourne:
New Year’s Day
Australia Day January 26
Labour Day (VIC & TAS)
Good Friday/ Easter
Anzac Day April 25
Queen’s Birthday (excl. WA)
Melbourne Cup Day (VIC metro only)
Christmas Day/Boxing Day December 25 – 26
In the event that any of the flowers, chocolates, gifts and plush toys are unavailable at the time of ordering, Melbourne Florist will substitute these with goods of equivalent or greater value. In most cases, the flower arrangements and hampers pictured represent the starting or base value. If you choose a higher value listed, your order will be increased in size/value compared to the image shown on the Melbourne Florist website.
• Orders for fresh fruit baskets must be placed 24 hours prior to the desired delivery date.
• Cancellations or alterations to any order must be made within 24 hours of ordering.
• Customer reports of damaged goods must be made within 48 hours from the date of delivery.